Below is a list of deadlines that must be completed to participate in the 2020 Academic Decathlon.
Please read the Policies & Procedures contained in this document.
· Complete and return the Intent To Participate Contract before August 19, 2019.
· Mail the $300 participation fee or fax a copy of the Purchase Order to (562) 803-6246 before December 2, 2019.
· Complete the Online Team & Volunteer Registration and mail the following materials before December 2, 2019:
1. Student Transcripts for all decathletes including alternates
2. GPA Computation Worksheet (one per student, including alternate)
3. Student Registration Contract (one per student, including alternate)
4. All Official IEP documents must be submitted
Teams that do not register online or submit all forms by the deadline will not be allowed to participate.
· Recruit a total of at least five (5) volunteers per team. Each team is required to submit:
▪ 2 Speech Judges
▪ 2 Interview Judges
▪ 1 Proctor
· Make the final changes to your team roster by the deadline of January 3, 2020. You may not add any new alternates. Only the alternates whose forms were submitted by the December 2, 2019, deadline are eligible to move up to the official team roster.
· Review the LACAD website regularly, and check the “Participating Schools List” web page to see if and when your team is approved to compete.
· Only the 9 competing students and up to 2 coaches will be provided a lunch on both competition dates and for the awards banquet. Remember to invite your Principal and Superintendent.