Teacher of the Year candidates must complete a 2 part Application. Part 1 of the application is an online form. Part 2 of the application is the written component, which will need to be completed on a separate Microsoft Word document (.doc file) and emailed Naime Laskar. Please review the Program Information & Application Instructions for complete details.
Applicants are encouraged to complete their application in a manner in which the content:
- Puts the reader in the classroom and allows the reader to easily visualize the classroom setting and the teacher as the instructional leader, leaving the reader wanting to know more through providing ample classroom examples.
- Conveys depth of content knowledge and how to deliver it creatively and in a differentiated fashion to engage students and influence student learning as reflected in their measurable achievements.
- Reflects the teacher's personal journey and shows the teacher's influence beyond the classroom and into their school community.
- Maintains a student-centered perspective as the applicant weaves in numerous examples of student engagement.
- Inspires through their commitment as a lifelong learner who models dedication to continued learning.
- Focuses on building relationships that transform and empower students, parents, and community.
- Reflects the teacher's dedication to the belief that all children can achieve.
- Application Information (Online form)
- School Information (Online form)
- District Information (Online form)
Part 2: Written – Completed on separate Microsoft Word (.doc)
- Cover Page (Not to exceed one page)
- Introductory Letter (Not to exceed 750 words)
- Professional Biography (Not to exceed 500 words)
- Professional Resume (Not to exceed two pages)
- Each Essay is NOT TO EXCEED 750 WORDS
- Essay 1 – Philosophy of Teaching
- Essay 2 – School Culture
- Essay 3 – School Community Involvement
- Essay 4 – Education Issues and Trends
- Essay 5 – State Superintendent of Public Instruction's Initiatives
- Essay 6 – National Teacher of the Year
- Letter of Recommendation 1 (Not to exceed one page)
- Letter of Recommendation 2 (Not to exceed one page)
- Letter of Recommendation 3 (Not to exceed one page)
- Headshot (on a separate page)
- Introductory Video (Not to exceed 3 minutes)