AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness in a global society.
AVID is a college-readiness system for elementary through postsecondary designed to increase schoolwide learning and performance. AVID accelerates student learning, uses research-based methods of effective instruction, provides meaningful and motivational professional learning and acts as a catalyst for systemic reform and change.
AVID serves over 33,000 students in more than 294 secondary sites and 34,000 students in 142 elementary sites in Los Angeles County.
Senior Data for Class of 2017-18:
- 99.7% Graduated from high school
- 92% Complete four-year college requirements
- 96% Submitted the FAFSA or State Financial Aid
- 90% Applied to a four-year college
- 79% Accepted at a four-year college
For more information contact
Lise Reilly at (562) 922-8917