For complete information please refer to the registration link provided below.
Day 1 - Sept 26, 2019 Day 2- Oct 23, 2019 Day 3 - Jan. 15, 2020 Day 4 - Mar 11, 2020
Dr. Kate Kinsella and the Los Angeles County Office of Education are pleased to provide K-12 administrators and coaches with four intensive sessions that focus on providing informed lesson observation, feedback, and technical coaching to improve language instruction and lesson engagement within Designated and integrated ELD.
Participants will learn effective ways to:
- Utilize focused tools to offer non-evaluative, detailed and concrete feedback on lesson design and delivery
- Identify instructional trends to inform development of brief, impactful professional learning modules
- Engage reticent colleagues through co-planning and co-teaching ELD lessons
- Implement school or department-wide instructional norms and practices to maximize English learner gains
- Provide timely and actionable feedback the promotes understanding and competent language use
- Analyze the linguistic demands within a unit and establish language objectives
- Teach target vocabulary, syntax or grammar in a meaningful, accessible manner
- Set up and monitor interactive lesson tasks that build productive language skills
- Identify conceptual and linguistic challenges and opportunities for reteaching
- Address persistent English learner verbal production errors
Addresses LCAP 2,4,5 & 8
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact Mindy Keller at LACOE at email@example.com.