Using a Multi-Tiered System of Support to Increase Family and Community Engagement
Featured Speaker: Kimberli Breen, MS, CAS, MA, Affecting Behavior Change, Inc.
3-Day Capacity Building Series Dates:
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Location: Los Angeles County Office of Education
9300 Imperial Highway, Downey, 90242
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Registration begins at 8:00 am with a continental breakfast and lunch provided.
Build LEA capacity to engage your families and community via a MTSS!
Day 1: Focus on Data
- Identify possible data sources on family partnerships
- Assess current data-related strengths and needs
- Reflect on current data to identify family partnership next steps
- Begin to organize data for on-going use and continuous improvement
Day 2: Focus on Practices
- Identify current family partnership practices
- Assess strengths and needs of current practices
- Begin to organize practices within a 3-tiered continuum of partnerships
- Initiate family partnership next steps
Day 3: Focus on Systems
- Identify current family partnership systems
- Assess strengths and needs of current systems
- Begin development of a multi-tiered system of family partnerships
- Assess progress-to-date and refine family partnership next steps
Who Should Attend?
- Representatives from LEA, school and classroom levels
- Bring one or more (non-staff) family members
- Identify one or two participants as your “family partnership coaches”
Cost: $120.00 per person for the 3-day series
Please make checks payable to:
Los Angeles County Office of Education
Attn: CIS/Center for District Capacity Building
9300 Imperial Hwy, ECW-3096
Downey, CA 90242
$50 cancellation fee applies if cancellation occurs less than 7 days before event.
For more information, contact: CDCB@lacoe.edu
Tammy J. Gabel, Ed.D.
Project Director III
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact Wendy Foy at 562-922-6333 or Foy_Wendy@lacoe.edu.