This workshop is designed for new and returning teachers, coaches and administrators in public schools.
The 2020 Los Angeles County Mathematics Field Day will incorporate State expectations for a balanced mathematics curriculum through the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. The Math Field Day Strategy Workshop offers samples of competition tasks in all mathematical strands for grades 4-11 student competition in the following dimensions of balance: computational and procedural skills, conceptual understanding, and problem solving.
This 4-hour training is designed to provide participants with the following knowledge, skills and resources:
- Understanding of Math Field Day content, format and guidelines;
- Receive Information regarding registration and preparation for student teams;
- Work with sample tasks for student teams competing in Math Field Day;
- Receive digital copy of Math Field Day highlights;
- Identify and locate resources to connect Math Field Day to core instructional, enrichment, and intervention mathematics programs for grades 4-8.
Meets LCAP Goals: 1, 2, 4, 8
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact (the department secretary or individual managing registrations).