The Instructional Practice Toolkit is a suite of tools focused on highlighting college- and career-ready standards-aligned practices in ELA/literacy. This engaging training session focuses on learning to use the Instructional Practice Guide and supporting resources with authentic classroom videos, lesson plans, and student work – all which comprise the Instructional Practice Toolkit.
What participants can expect to gain from this training:
Aligns to LCAP priorities 2 & 4
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact Mindy Keller at LACOE at email@example.com.
- A deep understanding of the Instructional Practice Guide.
- Observe the Instructional Shifts in ELA/literacy videoed classrooms using the Instructional Practice Guide.
- Learn how to evaluate and gather the evidence needed to calibrate with your colleagues on what standards-aligned instructional practices look like in the classroom.
- Analyze lesson plans and student work through the lens of the Instructional Practice Toolkit.
- Review feedback collected and summarize evidence of the Shifts and standards-aligned practice and areas where alignment could improve in order to have coaching discussions.
- Help answer questions like:
- Where is excellent aligned instruction happening and how can we highlight them?
- What questions can I ask to prompt insights into improved practices?
- What adjustments could be made to improve outcomes for students?