The State Board of Education adopted the Next Generation Science Standards in November of 2013. Following the State Implementation Plan for Science, the state is currently moving from Transition to Implementation.
This workshop is designed for those new to NGSS.
NOTE: If you have attended Rollout 1-4 or any LACOE STEM Unit trainings within the last year, this is not for you.
This half-day training is designed to provide you with the following knowledge, skills and resources:
* How to read and navigate the new NGSS Standards
* Build an understanding of the 3-Dimensions
* Understand the role of the various supporting documents including the National and State Framework.
* Experience 3-Dimensional Teaching and Learning
* Locate resources to begin implementation
* Understand the timeline for testing, instructional materials, and more
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact (the department secretary or individual managing registrations).