This is a 2-day Workshop.
The workshop will focus on lesson planning using the 5E Lesson Model, the Phenomenon, Question, Practice (PQP) Tool, and Conceptual Flow.
Teams of 4 are highly encouraged, but not necessary.
NOTE: This is not an introductory workshop to NGSS
This 2-Day training is designed to provide participants with the following knowledge, skills and resources:
- Engage in NGSS through the use of a Conceptual Flow
- Understand how the 3-Dimensions (Disciplinary Core Idea, Science and Engineering Practices, and Cross Cutting Concepts) must work together for students to access content
- Use Phenomenon as the context for learning and engagement
- Participate in a 5E Lesson
- Identify points of assessments
- Understand shifts for learning and teaching under NGSS
- Collaborate and Discuss with others.
Meets LCAP Goals: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8
LACOE does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, actual or perceived race, actual or perceived gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. LACOE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. If you are disabled and require assistance in accessing this event, please contact (the department secretary or individual managing registrations).