AVID National Demonstration Schools are exemplary models of the AVID College Readiness System.
Demonstration Schools undergo a rigorous validation process and are required to be revalidated every few years to ensure high levels of implementaion, with quality and fidelity to AVID strategies schoolwide.
Schools and districts interested in implementing AVID, or expanding AVID in their districts or at their schools, can arrange to visit a National Demonstration School and experience a highly successful AVID System in action. At an AVID National Demonstration School, visitors can observe:
- AVID as a schoolwide approach to college readiness
- Evidence of student achievement schoolwide
- Strong and committed leadership to college readiness for all students at both school and district levels
- A center of learning for AVID best practices schoolwide
- A committed team of trained AVID educators dedicated to successful implementation of the AVID College Readiness System for all students
- Models for excellent inquiry-based AVID tutorials - both in the AVID Elective and, in some schools, selected content classrooms
- A showplace of the commitment and synergy that a strong AVID System creates for schoolwide college readiness
Congratulations to the following Los Angeles County Demonstration Schools!
- Eastside High School, Antelope Valley Union High School District
- Pete Knight High School, Antelope Valley Union High School District
- La Palmas Middle School, Covina-Valley Unified School District
- Wilson High School, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Bell Gardens High School, Montebello Unified School District
- Simons Middle School, Pomona Unified School District
- Pomona High School, Pomona Unified School District
- Graves Middle School, South Whittier Elementary School District
- Pioneer High School, Whittier Union High School District
- Santa Fe High School, Whittier Union High School District