AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness in a global society.
AVID is a college-readiness system for elementary through postsecondary designed to increase schoolwide learning and performance. AVID accelerates student learning, uses research-based methods of effective instruction, provides meaningful and motivational professional learning and acts as a catalyst for systemic reform and change.
AVID serves over 30,000 students in more than 285 middle and high schools in Los Angeles County.
Senior Data for Class of 2016:
- 98% Graduated from high school
- 93% Complete four-year college requirements
- 94% Submitted the FAFSA or State Financial Aid
- 91% Applied to a four-year college
- 80% Accepted at a four-year college
For more information contact
Lise Reilly at (562) 922-8917