All the money and success in the world means nothing if you become seriously ill or you’re on your last breath - never able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. One characteristic of successful people is planning. Most successful people plan to achieve. For the most part, they plan their day-to-day activities including their physical health. Do you take time to plan for your physical wellbeing? Do you have a daily nutritional plan and exercise routine in your daily plans?
Many people believe a healthy lifestyle involves complicated dieting and hours of strenuous exercise. A healthy lifestyle involves making daily life changing choices that will bring long lasting results.
Tips for healthy living:
- Exercise – It is never too late to take up exercising. Exercise will help in appetite management, and will maximize the number of calories you can consume while remaining healthy.
- Sleep – Your body needs 8 hours of sleep to deal with the demands and stresses of the day. Maintain a regular bedtime and awakening time schedule including weekends. Get up about the same time every day, regardless of what time you fell asleep.
- Eat right – Create a healthy shopping list and set aside time to plan your weekly meals. You have the ability to completely change your body. The next meal you eat will dictate how your body reacts, grows, and heals.
- Stay hydrated - Drink water or tea instead of sugary fruit juices or soft drinks that have as much as 150 calories per can.
- Easy does it – Your mind and body needs rest. Do at least one activity per day that will make you happy and uplift your mood.
Take the first step and decide to transform your health into wealth so you can and enjoy the fruits of your labor! For free confidential assistance with legal, financial, employment or mental health issues, EASE counselors are available if you need to talk (800) 882-1341.