Posted on December 05, 2017 10:04
It is the most wonderful time of the year….right?! December is filled with shopping, wrapping, event calendars, cards, holiday gift exchanges… and the list goes on and on. It is filled with excitement, joy and surprise but it’s also stressful.
During the year we cope with our challenges, but during the holidays those challenges are intensified. It’s easy to get lost in the hub-bub that you forget what the important things are. In order to not lose yourself in the chaos, it’s important to stay focused on what matters most.
The holidays offers a renewed sense of hope, joy, and peace.
• Think about the memories and traditions you are creating. Take time to enjoy the simple things in life.
• Realize perfection is not possible. The gift is not the gift. The true gift is the giving… and the giver.
• Striking the right balance. Peace is rarely found in adding commitments and errands.
• Admit you can’t change others. You weren’t called to live their life; you were called to live your own.
• No guilt, no pressure—just honesty. It’s OK to say, “No, we have other plans.”
• Commercialism - Today it seems that something new, bigger and better is coming out every other day! Avoid holiday disappointment by celebrating it within your means.
Make a plan on how to get through the holidays with less chaos and more joy. Cutting the chaos takes planning and intention. Simplify the holidays for all the right reasons.
May the “Peace” which transcends all understanding, guard your hearts and minds. Happy Holidays from the EASE Office 800-882-1341.