Encouragement can bring stunning alterations in life. It gives immense satisfaction when we are encouraged by others. Those who get encouragement develop self-esteem and are inspired to grow.
Without encouragement, we may feel unloved or like our efforts are useless and futile.
We all need encouragement. Unfortunately many times we don't take action.
Learn how to develop an encouraging heart:
· If an encouraging thought comes to mind, share it! It may not have the same effect if you wait.
· When you introduce someone, add a few words of praise for the person’s abilities and accomplishments.
· Make celebration a more regular part of your relationships. Celebrate others’ victories large or small.
· Realize the power of presence. When you’re with others, you’re telling them that they’re important.
· If you really want to encourage someone who gives you excellent service, write a letter of commendation to the person’s boss.
· Say “Well done”. Nothing worth doing is ever easy.
· A smile is a powerful encourager. It tells people that what they are doing is ok.
Tell people how they’ve encouraged you. You will be amazed at the results you will see in those around you and in your life as well.
Simple words? Perhaps. But delivered at the right time, the effect is profound.
EASE has counselors available if you want to talk 800-882-1341.