Nine Los Angeles County schools have been honored with National Blue Ribbon awards for their overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps.
Congratulations to these local schools, which are among 36 statewide to be recognized with the nation’s top education honor:
- Downey USD: Ward Elementary School
- Garvey SD: Monterey Vista Elementary School
- Glendale USD: Mountain Avenue Elementary School
- Inglewood USD: Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter Middle School
- Long Beach USD: Charles Kettering Elementary School, Tincher Preparatory
- San Marino USD: K.L. Carver Elementary School
- South Pasadena USD: Marengo Elementary School
- Alliance Judy Ivie Burton Technology Academy High School (Charter)
“During these times of extraordinary challenges to the education community, I extend my deepest appreciation to the teachers, administrators and staff for their unwavering commitment as they continue to inspire our young people to reach their full potential,” wrote LACOE Superintendent Debra Duardo in a congratulatory email to her district colleagues.
Learn more about the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program and the 2020 National Blue Ribbon Schools here.