Student Records

Student Transcript and Records Requests

Pupil Services has centralized the Juvenile Court and Community Schools (JCCS) inactive student records at one location for the purpose of filing transcript and records requests, monitoring and maintaining inactive stored files. In addition, LACOE-authored Charters (ONLY) that have closed have sent their records to LACOE for storage. Currently we have Soledad Enrichment Academy (SEA) and Opportunities Unlimited Charter High School (OUCHS)

Steps for Requesting Student Transcripts, Diplomas, and/or other school records.

A. Fax, email or bring to LACOE a written request signed by the person with Education Rights.
A signed release by the student is required if the student is over the age of 18 years.
Fax 562.469-4244; Address 9300 Imperial Highway, Downey 90242; Email

B. How many copies you need and if you need Official or Not.

C. Your request must be in writing with a signature. On a separate sheet of paper, please write:

Your name and the name of the student for whom records are being requested (And, all AKAs or other names used by the student while attending school)

1. Student date of Birth (And, any AKAs used while attending school)
2. School the student attended while enrolled with LACOE and approximate years attended
3. A short sentence stating what records you need, i.e. transcript, diploma, IEP, etc.
4. The address that you would like your records to be mailed to; or, when do you would want to pick up your records (by appointment only)
5. Phone number to contact you if we have questions for you
6. Your signature must be at the bottom. LACOE cannot fulfill records requests that have not been signed by the Education Rights Holder.

D. As an option, print, complete and sign this form.

Class of 2005 Through 2014 Exit Exam Suspended: Students from the classes of 2006 through 2014 who completed all graduation requirements and coursework and attended school through the 12th grade but did not pass one or both sections of the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) may be eligible for a high school diploma. A new State law– Senate Bill 172 signed by Governor Brown on Oct. 7, 2015 – allows a student to receive their high school diploma if they have met all of the graduation requirements, but did not pass CAHSEE. All issued diplomas will have a graduation date as prescribed by the law of January 01, 2016.

GED Information: LACOE no longer has access to GED scores or certificates for tests taken prior to 2017. You will need to request GED transcripts from

The Los Angeles County Office of Education does not have the authority or resources to collect and/or store transcripts or records for students in all of Los Angeles County public charter, or private schools.
To obtain a transcript from a California public school, an individual must contact the school directly. If the school has closed, we suggest contacting the local school district.