FBI Cyber Threat
- Malicious cyber activity threatens the public’s safety and our national and economic security. Our goal is to change the behavior of criminals and nation-states who believe they can compromise U.S. networks, steal financial and intellectual property, and put critical infrastructure at risk without facing risk themselves.
Safer Connected World
- Develop, validate, and promote timely best practice solutions that help people, businesses, and governments protect themselves against pervasive cyber threats.
- Cyberattacks can lead to the loss of money or the theft of personal, financial and medical information. These attacks can damage your reputation and safety.
- Regardless of size, CISA recommends all organizations adopt a heightened posture when it comes to cybersecurity and protecting their most critical assets.
- NIST develops cybersecurity standards, guidelines, best practices, and other resources to meet the needs of U.S. industry, federal agencies and the broader public.
Nation State Cyber Threats
- CISA leads the Nation’s strategic and unified work to strengthen the security, resilience, and workforce of the cyber ecosystem to protect critical services and American way of life.
- Hackers have launched a successful cyberattack against schools across the UK and has left confidential information related to pupils leaked online. In total, 14 schools have been impacted, with the sensitive data stolen including passport details, which were likely needed for trips abroad, as well as contracts and pay scales for members of staff.
- Over the years, many security standards and requirements frameworks have been developed in attempts to address risks to enterprise systems and the critical data in them. However, most of these efforts have essentially become exercises in reporting on compliance and have diverted security program resources from the constantly evolving attacks that must be addressed.