LACOE has centralized the Juvenile Court and Community Schools (JCCS) inactive student records at one location for the purpose of filing transcript and records requests, monitoring and maintaining inactive stored files. In addition, LACOE-authored charters (ONLY) that have closed have sent their records to LACOE for storage. Currently we have records for Soledad Enrichment Academy (SEA) and Opportunities Unlimited Charter High School (OUCHS).


Requests for transcripts, diplomas and/or other school records must be made in writing by email, mail, fax or delivered by hand.

Submit by email (preferred option):
*Both the request information and authorization form must be included in the email as attachments.

Submit by mail to:
Los Angeles County Office of Education
Attn: Student Files Center
9300 Imperial Highway
Downey, CA 90242

Submit by fax:
(562) 469-4244 or (562) 469-4346

Submit in person:
9300 Imperial Highway
Downey, CA 90242
*Enter the lobby and inform the receptionist that you wish to request student records.

Your Request must be in writing and you must include a signed Authorization For the Release of Records. Requests must made by the Education Rights Holder or a School (if a student is over the age of 18 years, the request must include a signed release by the student). Signatures must be completed by hand in ink (not typed), unless you request an e-Signature from the Student File Center.

Written Requests must include:

1. The number of copies you are requesting.

2. Your name and the legal name of the student

3. School the student attended while enrolled with LACOE and approximate years they attended

4. The person/agency/organization for whom records are being requested

5. Student date of birth 

6. A short sentence stating what records you need, i.e. transcript, diploma, IEP, etc.

7. Current Address of Requestor

8.. The address that you would like your records to be mailed to (if selecting delivery mail). If you wish to pick up your transcripts, you must make an appointment (details below).

9. Contact phone number

10. The signature of the requestor must be at the bottom of the page. LACOE cannot fulfill records requests that have not been signed by the Education Rights Holder. Signatures must be made by hand.

11*. As a convenient option for the required signature, please include a signed Authorization Form as an attachment (if the student is over the age of 18 years, the Authorization Form must be signed by the student).
Print, complete, and sign the Authoriation Form (download form link)
*Signatures must be completed by hand (they cannot be typed); e-Signature available upon request to the Student File Center.

LACOE processing takes 5 to 6 days to retrieve information and send records back to the requestor. You can request to have records sent via email, mail or make an appointment to pick up records at LACOE.

If you wish to have records mailed to you, please ensure the mailing address is included in your written request.

Pick-up is available by appointment ONLY. You can call (562) 922-6322 or email to schedule an appointment.


Students from the classes of 2006 through 2014 who completed all graduation requirements and coursework and attended school through the 12th grade but did not pass one or both sections of the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) may be eligible for a high school diploma.

A new State law– Senate Bill 172 signed by Governor Brown on Oct. 7, 2015 – allows a student to receive their high school diploma if they have met all of the graduation requirements, but did not pass CAHSEE. All issued diplomas will have a graduation date as prescribed by the law of January 01, 2016.

LACOE no longer has access to GED scores or certificates for tests taken prior to 2017. You will need to request GED transcripts from

The Los Angeles County Office of Education does not have the authority or resources to collect and/or store transcripts or records for students in all of Los Angeles County public charter, or private schools.

To obtain a transcript from a California public school, an individual must contact the school directly. If the school has closed, we suggest contacting the local school district.


Student File Center
(562) 922-6322
Fax: (562) 469-4244