The Employee Assistance Service for Education (EASE) is an assessment and brief counseling service for employees of member districts and their families. In addition, EASE provides consultation to managers and supervisors on dealing with emotional issues in the workplace.
To communicate with us, call our 24/7 access line 1-800-882-1341.
Enjoy our two-minute guided meditations to pause, reset and work on your breathing technique.
CONNECT WITH EASE NEWSLETTER
EASE provides confidential counseling, phone consultations and community referrals.
EASE counselors specialize in:
- family troubles
- emotional distress
- drug/alcohol problems
- job anxieties and stress
- grief, loss and transitions
EASE is primarily an assessment and brief counseling service and is best defined as a pre-treatment service. The emphasis is on early identification of problems affecting work performance, consultation with managers, labor representatives, employees and proactive intervention. EASE is not a substitute for a district’s health-care plan. It is, however, a beneficial and effective extension of the provider plan.
For more information, call: 1-800-882-1341
Established in 1982 by a Joint Powers Agreement, EASE is a confidential and voluntary service offering professional counseling, consultation and education to district employees.
- Counseling and referral for personal concerns, such as parenting, relationship difficulties, and balancing work and family life.
- Consultation with supervisors and managers on workplace issues, such as interpersonal conflicts, troubled employees, and coping with crisis.
- Education on managing constant change, prevention of workplace violence, and the impact of alcohol and drug use on the job.
- Value-added services such as stress management workshops, anger management tutoring, and post-trauma debriefings.
As districts strive to reduce health care costs, the cost to participate in the EASE program remains at $10.20/year per employee. This fee includes counseling for family members in addition to after-hours emergency calls, worksite consultation, and critical incident responses.
For information about joining the consortium, call 1-800-882-1341.
UPCOMING EASE WORKSHOPS
CONNECT WITH US
Employee Assistance Service for Education (EASE)
9525 Imperial Highway, Suite 800
Downey, CA 90242
(562) 922-6683- Office
(800) 882-1341- EASE 24/7 Access
Dr. Emily J. Hernandez, LMFT